openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: file extender odm conflict
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2013 19:42:32 GMT
On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 11:09:15 -0800
Toby Fouks <tfouks@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi -- I have just had to uninstall open office because downloads from
> overdrive [public library audio books] are also odm files, and there
> appeared now way to have the overdrive media console open up -- the
> defaults [Win 7] were correct but the system automatically wanted to create
> open office files. This is why I've had to uninstall a very good word
> processor.
>
> I don't know what the solution is ... unless using a flash drive or
> external hard drive will solve the problem.

You could leave OpenOffice installed, byt change the File Association for .odm files.  Right
click on an overdrive .odm file, select "Open with" from  the popup menu and scroll down the
list until you see the overdrive application.  Select this.  At the window bottom should be
a link to say "always open with this application" (or words to that effect.  Now .odm files
will open in Overdrive.  If you need to open an OpenOffice .odm file, you can do this the
long way by /File /Open and point to the .odm file while in OpenOffice.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>