openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <adam....@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Quick question re date, time, timestamp or java.util.Date/Calendar
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 16:57:22 GMT

I converted my project over from java.util.Date to java.sql.Timestamp for entity
fields after I figured that would give me more room to maneuver with a new
requirement for time fields.

It went smoothly with OpenJPA and made the MVC layer's type converter code a
cinch to refactor.

However I then ran my tests under Hibernate JPA and Toplink Essentials, and both
complained bitterly that I was violating the spec and threw exceptions.

Looking through the JPA 1 spec, I see where I have transgressed (9.1.20):

"The Temporal annotation must be specified for persistent fields or properties
of type java.util.Date and java.util.Calendar. It may only be specified for
fields or properties of these types."

Is the OpenJPA interpretations deliberately including Timestamp or is that
considered an OpenJPA feature?

Is there any change in JPA 2?

Also, can anyone give a URL for the JPA 2 spec pdf? Google turned up nothing.

Thanks
Adam