Developing Ode with the Eclipse IDE
1. Build Ode first
At the root of the checkout, run
2. Generate the Eclipse project files
Still in the root,
3. Import projects files into Eclipse
File -> Import -> Existing Projects into Workspace
then select the root directory of your Ode checkout (e.g. ode/trunk)
It's generally recommended to have a dedicated Eclipse workspace for Ode, since there's a fair amount of code and projects.
- You must use JDK 5.0 compiler
- You may need to exclude .svn directories to avoid duplicate resource copying.
- Be ware that there are quite a few things in the Buildr-based build that are not done by the Eclipse build system. You will occasionally need to run "rake" build in order to regenerate XMLBeans schemas, Hibernate mapping files, JACOB channel interfaces, etc...