Unfortunately, it seems that --inspect uses a different protocol (v8-inspector) the --debug (the v8-debugger protocol supported by Netbeans).  Hopefully, some kind person will volunteer to write a v8-inspector debugger module for NB in the future, or add a temporary workaround such as starting node with --inspect and launching Chrome on the DevTools page.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(