netbeans-users mailing list archives

From "Thomson, Duncan" <dunc...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: [EXT] Re: Are installers planned for Netbeans 10+
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2019 05:40:40 GMT
I would be very interested to hear why they insist on a windows installer.   What security
advantages do they cite

Sent with BlackBerry Work
(www.blackberry.com)

From: Leo Donahue <donahulf2@gmail.com<mailto:donahulf2@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, Mar 05, 2019, 5:34 PM
To: Greenberg, Gary <ggreenbe@visa.com<mailto:ggreenbe@visa.com>>
Cc: users@netbeans.apache.org <users@netbeans.apache.org<mailto:users@netbeans.apache.org>>
Subject: [EXT] Re: Are installers planned for Netbeans 10+

I feel your pain, but you currently have no options that won't result in you violating your
company policies.

Unless you want to research how to make an installer for Windows and contribute that to Netbeans.

Does this daemon block running Java code that you write?

What if you write a command line tool that you launch with java -jar ? Does that get blocked?

Because that is basically how you would start NetBeans from a zip download.

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019, 20:03 Greenberg, Gary <ggreenbe@visa.com<mailto:ggreenbe@visa.com>>