netbeans-users mailing list archives

From Jessica Ryan <jr...@tech4learning.com>
Subject Re: Debugging Node.js
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2019 21:20:47 GMT
Bummer.  Thanks for looking in to it, though!

> On Mar 7, 2019, at 1:47 PM, Pete Whelpton <peedeeboy@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Unfortunately, it seems that --inspect uses a different protocol (v8-inspector) the --debug
(the v8-debugger protocol supported by Netbeans).  Hopefully, some kind person will volunteer
to write a v8-inspector debugger module for NB in the future, or add a temporary workaround
such as starting node with --inspect and launching Chrome on the DevTools page.

> Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

> On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 8:46 PM Jessica Ryan <jryan@tech4learning.com <mailto:jryan@tech4learning.com>>
wrote:
> I tried!  But failed.  Thanks for the quick responses.. I tried modifying the hardcoded
values in NodeExecutable.java, rebuilt, and, well, things are different, but still it’s
a no go.  I get the following expected output (which is what you get when running node --inspect
src/mystuff.js):

<mailto:geertjan.wielenga@googlemail.com>> wrote:

>> Be super-awesome, Jess! :-)
>>
>> Gj
>>
>> On Tuesday, March 5, 2019, Pete Whelpton <peedeeboy@gmail.com <mailto:peedeeboy@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>> Hi Jessica,
>>
>> I believe it is:  webcommon/javascript.nodejs/src/org/netbeans/modules/javascript/nodejs/exec/NodeExecutable.java
>>
>> There are a couple of constants near the top of the file: DEBUG_BRK_COMMAND &
DEBUG_COMMAND

NB's Jira is here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-1320 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-1320>

>> On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 6:18 PM Geertjan Wielenga <geertjan.wielenga@googlemail.com.invalid>
wrote:
>> Hi Jess,
>>
>> And welcome! Yes, someone else reported the same. On GitHub you’ll find the relevant
code in the webcommon folder, or someone else will point you to the right spot, or I will
in a few hours when I get back to my laptop.

>> Gj
>>
>> On Tuesday, March 5, 2019, Jessica Ryan <jryan@tech4learning.com <mailto:jryan@tech4learning.com>>
wrote:
>> Hiya folks,
>>
>> I have a node.js project in Netbeans and would like to debug it.  When I launch via
the debug button, I get the following message on the console, and then a few seconds later,
I get the following error.

>> Console:
>> "/bin/bash" "-lc" "\"/usr/local/bin/node\" \"--debug-brk=9292\" \"/Users/jryan/JDev/SVN/trunk/Node/CollaborationServer/src/server.js\""
>> Done.
>> (node:977) [DEP0062] DeprecationWarning: `node --debug` and `node --debug-brk` are
invalid. Please use `node --inspect` or `node --inspect-brk` instead.

>> Then the following message in a dialog:
>> Cannot run debugger.  Reason:
>> java.net <http://java.net/>.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection
refused)

>> It seems like Netbeans needs to update its debug command for current versions of
node.js?

>> Can anyone point me toward how I can update my local copy of Netbeans (I’ve built
from from the 10.0 source) to fix this issue, that’d be swell!