netbeans-users mailing list archives

From Jessica Ryan <jr...@tech4learning.com>
Subject Re: Debugging Node.js
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2019 20:46:15 GMT
I tried!  But failed.  Thanks for the quick responses.. I tried modifying the hardcoded values
in NodeExecutable.java, rebuilt, and, well, things are different, but still it’s a no go.
 I get the following expected output (which is what you get when running node --inspect src/mystuff.js):
Debugger listening on ws://127.0.0.1:9292/e6fc8a3c-6088-4df0-8a64-dbee7285d9c6
For help, see: https://nodejs.org/en/docs/inspector <https://nodejs.org/en/docs/inspector>

But then the executable stops immediately… so, not sure where that’s going..

Jira is here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-1320 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-1320>

> On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 6:18 PM Geertjan Wielenga <geertjan.wielenga@googlemail.com.invalid>
wrote:
> Hi Jess,
>
> And welcome! Yes, someone else reported the same. On GitHub you’ll find the relevant
code in the webcommon folder, or someone else will point you to the right spot, or I will
in a few hours when I get back to my laptop.

> Gj
>
> On Tuesday, March 5, 2019, Jessica Ryan <jryan@tech4learning.com <mailto:jryan@tech4learning.com>>
wrote:
> Hiya folks,
>
> I have a node.js project in Netbeans and would like to debug it.  When I launch via the
debug button, I get the following message on the console, and then a few seconds later, I
get the following error.

> Console:
> "/bin/bash" "-lc" "\"/usr/local/bin/node\" \"--debug-brk=9292\" \"/Users/jryan/JDev/SVN/trunk/Node/CollaborationServer/src/server.js\""
> Done.
> (node:977) [DEP0062] DeprecationWarning: `node --debug` and `node --debug-brk` are invalid.
Please use `node --inspect` or `node --inspect-brk` instead.

> Then the following message in a dialog:
> Cannot run debugger.  Reason:
> java.net <http://java.net/>.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)
>

> It seems like Netbeans needs to update its debug command for current versions of node.js?
>
> Can anyone point me toward how I can update my local copy of Netbeans (I’ve built from
from the 10.0 source) to fix this issue, that’d be swell!