netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Neil C Smith <neilcsm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Native part of Apache NetBeans build and release
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2021 10:26:02 GMT
On Mon, 21 Jun 2021 at 17:21, Eric Barboni <skygo@apache.org> wrote:
> I remember Laars doing stuff on launcher / profiler on the native part of
> the code but, that was never released. More recently Jan is trying to
> improve the script to release launcher and use Maven artefacts.
>
> For the release process it's a bit messy as we go to osuol.
>
> I wonder if having dedicated repository for launcher, profiler and others <
> modules > may help ?

Possibly.  Have said before I think we need at least separate source
and binary release votes for all native artefacts.

We've had issues before with the native launcher build in the IDE
build script - we end up with two different paths by which people can
pick up the native binaries, not necessarily in sync.  Even more of an
issue with addition of Swift launcher.

It would be easier to vote and have them on Maven or dist.a.o so every
IDE build shares the same path.

It would also mean they're properly voted on before hitting any
distribution channel - at the moment it's a little chicken and egg.

2c

Best wishes,

Neil