netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Bresie <ebre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to Migrate from old org.openidex.util to New API
Date Sun, 20 Jun 2021 18:12:27 GMT
Am I assume it would involve changing over

>From packages/classes like:

org.openidex.search.SearchInfo
org.openidex.search.SearchInfoFactory

To packages/classes like:
=> org.netbeans.api.search.provider.SearchInfo
=> org.netbeans.spi.search.SearchInfoDefinition
=> org.netbeans.api.search.provider.SearchInfoUtils
=> org.netbeans.spi.search.SearchInfoDefinitionFactory

Not quite sure the difference between SearchInfo vs SearchInfoDefinition.

There also seems to be some File Object, Child/Root type classes involved
which I'm not sure how best to migrate over quite as cleanly (i.e. some
things have changed from interfaces to abstract classes, some more
specialized to I suspect more generalized high level new API, etc.)

Is this sort of thing documented someplace (either in mailing list, wiki,
API, other classes already migrated, etc.)?

Eric Bresie
ebresie@gmail.com