netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Bresie <ebre...@gmail.com>
Subject [NETBEANS-189] Re: SQL Autocompletion - Quoter Refactoring breaks quoter check
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2021 20:57:54 GMT
I’ll try to summarize again…

Trying to fix NETBEANS-189 with PR 2820 which I believe currently fixes the
problem.  I’ve tried to capture details from the discussion in the ticket.

Change in present fix involves adding checks for null when a connection is
not available and allows to progress without a connection, allowing basic
sql auto completion without a connection.

Review change request (which I tried to implement unsuccessfully) leads me
to believe this to be a potentially larger architectural change out of
scope of the original issue and should be addressed as separate ticket(s)
and not hold up inclusion of the fix.

If new issues are needed then I (or someone with more understanding) can
raise them.

I am looking to close out the review (with acceptance where applicable as
I’m newer “commuter”) and submit for next release.

Eric

--
Eric Bresie
ebresie@gmail.com