netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Jaroslav Tulach <jaroslav.tul...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release 1.7.2 of NetBeans HTML/Java API
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2021 06:33:08 GMT
Hello guys,
interop among Java and JavaScript continues to be a hot topic and as such, I
am here to announce new milestone with a magnificent improvement[1] in the
Apache NetBeans HTML/Java API. New version 1.7.2 comes with new annotation
processor, support for other Java compilers than `javac` and robustness fix in
the generic presenter. Please find the sources at

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans-html4j/netbeans-html4j-1.7.2/

with SHA512:
5537b073f9ae9378ad3f97047b42fc1e2214931e31f635c1604cb842dcf8ea0c85d14539df3e09c980b84b9e4d09f9b7ef4845cee3c3e916d10b27ce925afd6e

The bits have been uploaded to staging Maven repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenetbeans-1088/
that I am about to release if the vote passes.

The sources as well as the Maven bits are produced from
https://github.com/apache/netbeans-html4j/tree/release-1.7.2
tag in the main HTML/Java github repository.

Please test the new release in your project and cast your vote. Thank you for
your HTML/Java API usage!
-jt

[1] Getting the generic presenter right is a tough intellectual challenge -
converting method invocations into synchronous message passing has many
gotchas - I hope I finally found the right approach with the `Frame` based
solution.