netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Barboni" <sk...@apache.org>
Subject Native part of Apache NetBeans build and release
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2021 16:21:51 GMT
Hi,

I'm not confident in native build.

I remember Laars doing stuff on launcher / profiler on the native part of
the code but, that was never released. More recently Jan is trying to
improve the script to release launcher and use Maven artefacts.

For the release process it's a bit messy as we go to osuol.

I wonder if having dedicated repository for launcher, profiler and others <
modules > may help ?

Having others repo may help to keep release apache/netbeans main repo clear
of tags that we will introduce for delevering launcher. It should easy
review process don't have to clone the all netbeans repo. We may tweak build
to < optimize > for native compilation best practice.

But this may be impossible to build if not in the NetBeans build system.

Does anyone know if crosscompile works well and would it possible for a WSL
user like me to prepare a release for a library native that target
macos,windows,and linux.

Would be happy to get feedback.

Best Regards

Eric