netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Barboni" <Eric.Barb...@irit.fr>
Subject RE: Native part of Apache NetBeans build and release
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2021 16:40:59 GMT
Hi Neil,
Got a first step !!

mingw-w64 mingw-w64-tools is needed

git clone https://github.com/ebarboni/netbeans-native-tests

makefile.mingw altered to put output in target folder (a la maven)
some cpp/h need to change import path

release (need commiter account,working  gpg and release settings.xml set for Apache)
mvn clean install -Papache-
mvn deploy

it works like for nbm maven plugin,
 source-release go to zip we may but on dist. Zip,pom and sources goes to central
(for the moment repository.apache.org)

If it's ok, I will create a proper Apache git, and try to preserve history.

Best Regards
Eric

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Neil C Smith <neilcsmith@apache.org>
Envoyé : mardi 22 juin 2021 12:26
À : dev <dev@netbeans.apache.org>
Objet : Re: Native part of Apache NetBeans build and release

On Mon, 21 Jun 2021 at 17:21, Eric Barboni <skygo@apache.org> wrote:
> I remember Laars doing stuff on launcher / profiler on the native part
> of the code but, that was never released. More recently Jan is trying
> to improve the script to release launcher and use Maven artefacts.
>
> For the release process it's a bit messy as we go to osuol.
>
> I wonder if having dedicated repository for launcher, profiler and
> others < modules > may help ?

Possibly.  Have said before I think we need at least separate source and binary release votes
for all native artefacts.

We've had issues before with the native launcher build in the IDE build script - we end up
with two different paths by which people can pick up the native binaries, not necessarily
in sync.  Even more of an issue with addition of Swift launcher.

It would be easier to vote and have them on Maven or dist.a.o so every IDE build shares the
same path.

It would also mean they're properly voted on before hitting any distribution channel - at
the moment it's a little chicken and egg.

2c

Best wishes,

Neil