netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Bläsing <mblaes...@doppel-helix.eu>
Subject Re: Cannot build NetBeans from source
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2018 19:27:35 GMT
Hi Peter,

Am Samstag, den 29.12.2018, 20:20 +0100 schrieb Peter Nabbefeld:
> Thank You for Your answers! My problem is slightly more complex: NB
> has
> been able to compile its own sources most of the time, and IMHO it
> should be able to do that. The necessity of working around a buggy
> build
> system is not compatible to a high-quality IDE like NB has always
> been.

I think we all agree on this and any work into that direction is
appretiated.

If I remember correctly though, netbeans was traditionally compiled
with JDK current - 1 and some time after release was fixed to be
compilable with the current JDK. Witht the faster release cadence of
the JDK and given the wide split: JDK 8 (non-modular) to JDK 11
(modular, deprecated modules removed), it was to be expected that
breakage occurs.

Greetings

Matthias