maven-users mailing list archives

From Julien HENRY <henr...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Embedded error: Unknown artifact type[xml.zip]
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:02:51 GMT
Hi,

One project I'm dealing with is bitten by an issue when assembling EAR artifact in a multi-module
build. It seems the EAR plugin try to process a dependency that it should not "see" when building
from parent project. The build is ok when building ear module alone.

[INFO] Failed to initialize ear modules
Embedded error: Unknown artifact type[xml.zip]

I've created a short test case to reproduce the issue. The build fail when using Maven 2.2.1
but is successful when using Maven 3.0-alpha-6. Unfortunately the project will not be able
to switch until Maven 3 is advertised as "stable".

2 questions:

  - where do you think should I open the JIRA issue? In EAR plugin or Maven core?
  - do you think there is half a chance the bug may be fixed in 2.2.x branch?

Regards,

Julien