madlib-user mailing list archives

From Gregory Chase <gch...@pivotal.io>
Subject [INTRODUCTIONS] I'm Greg, and I'm part of the Apache MADlib community
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2016 19:48:55 GMT
Dear MADlibers,

I thought it would be fun to get to know some of the other people in the
community.

My name is Greg Chase and I run community development for Pivotal for big
data open source communities that Pivotal contributes to.

Some of you may have seen my frequent emails about virtual events I help
organize for user and contributor education.

The most fun I've had with MADlib to date is the chance to interview Joe
Hellerstein about the origins of the project.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGPZwpB92Aw

I always enjoy the super interesting data science discussion we've had in
the MADlib community calls.

These days I'm much more of a marketer than a coder, but I still love
hearing about the kinds of projects that MADlib users are involved in.

I know we'd all love to hear more about everyone else's projects, and how
you became a MADlib user.  So please introduce yourselves!

--
Greg Chase

Global Head, Big Data Communities
http://www.pivotal.io/big-data