madlib-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Nasby <Jim.Na...@BlueTreble.com>
Subject Re: k-NN
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2016 02:36:44 GMT
On 3/18/16 7:22 PM, Frank McQuillan wrote:
> That will give you a sense of how in-data base machine learning works in
> MADlib.
>
> Please post any questions that you have to this mailing list and we will be
> pleased to help you.

Another reference you might find useful is [1], which is a patch that
adds kNN support to the cube[2] contrib module in Postgres. Note that
you can ignore the cube--1.0.sql and cube--1.1.sql parts of the patch;
those deal with a new install of the cube extension at the SQL level,
wherease cube--1.0--1.1.sql contains only the new SQL objects for kNN
support. (There's a link at the top of [2] to the 9.5 version, which
doesn't have kNN support).

[1]
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/75E00538-B701-4CAD-95F2-69A9FBD78B0F@gmail.com
[2] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/cube.html