madlib-dev mailing list archives

From Caleb Welton <cwel...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Graduation concerns
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2015 18:01:57 GMT
Thanks Ted.

Echoing some of the followup discussion we had over on the HAWQ mailing
list Roman suggested doing something similar to what Groovy did, i.e.
incorporate a maturity model document into our code and review it around
how we can continue to make improvements and move the project towards
graduation.  Here's the example from Groovy:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-groovy/blob/master/MATURITY.adoc.

Examples of project maturity include the points Ted makes, e.g.:
   "All "important" discussions happen asynchronously in written form on
the project’s main communications channel. Offline, face-to-face or private
discussions that affect the project are also documented on that channel."

The main thing from my perspective is that we are making a conscious
decision to embrace the Apache way, that we are honest with our assessment
of where we are at, and actively work on moving in the right direction.  It
isn't necessarily easy, but the value of the mechanism is to help foster an
larger inclusive community.

Regards,
  Caleb

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201511.mbox/browser