madlib-dev mailing list archives

From Frank McQuillan <fmcquil...@pivotal.io>
Subject MADlib as a new Apache (incubating) project, cpl items
Date Sat, 07 Nov 2015 16:23:29 GMT
Thank you to Roman, Ted and others on previous threads regarding guidance
on being a new Apache project.

1) We are reviewing the references mentioned to learn from them and apply
them to the MADlib project. The intention of moving to Apache from the
previous OSS governance model is to fully embrace the Apache way of
developing software in an inclusive, community-minded manner.  That is our
intention and we will work collectively towards achieving that goal.

2) On a more mechanical note, a "catchup JIRA" was filed
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MADLIB-912 in order to catch up
between the time of the code grant to Apache and bringing in dev work that
was in flight at the time.  We apologize for any inconvenience in clubbing
together these multiple items in a single JIRA/pull request; it was a
one-time operation.

I have amended the Nov incubator report
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/November2015 regarding #2.

Regards,