madlib-dev mailing list archives

From William Markito <wmark...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Graduation concerns
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2015 05:39:10 GMT
Thanks Ted, Niall, Caleb and Roman for helping on this thread...

Sharing a bit of Geode, we do have a Maturity Level wiki page [1] since
June, which reflects the current status of the project as well as a
Community Development [2] page also frequently updated with all
developments and efforts, publicly tracked.

With the clubhouse meetings (online video conferences) and mailing list
discussions, there are at least 3-4 different companies participating in
the community, maybe not all of them contributing code, but that's also
growing...   All of these video conferences are being recorded and
published on the project YouTube channel [3]

The really missing part, which is also reflected in the current project
maturity are releases, which we truly hope to get done ASAP.

Other than that, commenting a bit on what Niall wisely said, we have pretty
much stopped used internal lists to discuss our development process and
issues and a reflect of that is the number of JIRA's currently being worked
(open/closed) and discussed on dev@geode.  Hopefully with a release and
more people then using the project artifacts, more users and community will
come and make it even more vibrant.

~/William

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Maturity+Level
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Community+development
[3] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaY2q0UlWjAgEGL7uhCLs6A

--

William Markito Oliveira
-- For questions about Apache Geode, please write to