madlib-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Graduation concerns
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 19:13:54 GMT
To echo Caleb's post to the HAWQ ML:

In case you haven't been watching the Apache general list there is an
interesting thread on the Apache Sentry project and their graduation from
incubator.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201511.mbox/browser

Lots of discussion on what is required from a community growth perspective
for an incubator.  Good lessons to think about as we are trying to build
our own community around Geode and MADlib.

You will also see me heavily advocating Apache Maturity model on
that thread. This is something I'd really like to institute in all of
the projects
I happen to mentor to a point of having a rolling document inside of a source
tree a'la Groovy:
    https://github.com/apache/incubator-groovy/blob/master/MATURITY.adoc

Thanks,
Roman.