lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene.NET Community Status
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 12:41:48 GMT

http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html

> But is it required to host Apache projects in this svn? The reason I ask is that a small
change to hosting in a forge like CodePlex.com would provide the project huge exposure to
more .NET developers. You could do this, but keep all other processes the same.

Yes, it is required.  Our SVN is how we assure the ASF has provenance over the code and how
the community knows where the official release is.  You can mirror the code on CodePlex, just
as we do with our read-only GIT mirrors, but all commits need to happen in ASF SVN by ASF
committers.

-Grant