lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From "Mankowski, Chris" <cmankow...@nfp.com>
Subject Re: Lucene.NET Community Status
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 12:48:25 GMT
For what it's worth, Microsoft will be releasing a hosted Team Foundation Server (what Codeplex
is based on) sometime next year.

Perhaps ASF and MSFT can explore the options in this area that will encourage a more .NET
friendly environment, which will in turn attract more committers.

----- Original Message -----
From: Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org>
To: lucene-net-user@lucene.apache.org <lucene-net-user@lucene.apache.org>
Sent: Thu Nov 04 08:41:48 2010
Subject: Re: Lucene.NET Community Status

http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html

> But is it required to host Apache projects in this svn? The reason I ask is that a small
change to hosting in a forge like CodePlex.com would provide the project huge exposure to
more .NET developers. You could do this, but keep all other processes the same.

Yes, it is required.  Our SVN is how we assure the ASF has provenance over the code and how
the community knows where the official release is.  You can mirror the code on CodePlex, just
as we do with our read-only GIT mirrors, but all commits need to happen in ASF SVN by ASF
committers.

-Grant

Notice: This e-mail message and any attachment to this e-mail message may contain information
that is confidential, proprietary, privileged, legally privileged and/or exempt from disclosure
under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please accept this as notice
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the information contained in this transmission
is strictly prohibited. NFP reserves the right, to the extent and under circumstances permitted
by applicable law, to retain, monitor and intercept e-mail messages to and from its systems.

Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and do not necessarily
express those of NFP.  Although this transmission and any attachment are believed to be free
of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received
and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and
no responsibility is accepted by NFP, its subsidiaries and affiliates, as applicable, for
any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately contact the sender by return
e-mail or by telephone at 212-301-4000 and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic
or hard copy format.