From Maciej Gawinecki <mgawine...@gmail.com>
Subject Stempel stemmer ported to Python
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2019 11:19:33 GMT
Hi,

I have ported your Stempel stemmer [1] for Polish language from Java
to Python [2]. I know you have also Python wrapper for Lucene
(pyLucene) so I was curious if you would be interested in the native
implementation of a single stemmer?

It has same accuracy as the original version and only slightly better
performance comparing to the wrapped version (compared with pyjini)
but uses only one language (no need to switch between languages when
debugging) which was quite important in my NLP project. I understand
that it introduces the need to maintain two code bases, though.

Regards,
Maciej Gawinecki

[1]: https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/tree/master/lucene/analysis/stempel/src/java/org
[2]:https://github.com/dzieciou/pystempel/tree/feature/1