From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release PyLucene 6.4.1 (rc1)
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2017 23:47:17 GMT

On Mon, 13 Feb 2017, Jan Høydahl wrote:

> Tried to build on my Mac again, same problem as last time when running
> ?make?, the command 'python -m jcc.__main__ --shared --arch ?.? requests
> old Apple-Java 6:
>
>> No Java runtime present, requesting install.

When building JCC (before building PyLucene), you need to ensure that the
proper version of Java is found. The setup.py program tries to figure it out
for you and tells what it's about to build with on stdout.

Then you need to install JCC.

Then, when building PyLucene, you need to make sure that the same python
install you used to build JCC is also going to be used by the PyLucene
Makefile, since that's where the current JCC you just built got installed.
You need edit that Makefile and uncomment/edit one of the configuration
examples to match your setup.

I'm sure it also helps if at the command line, you see something like this
   $ java -version
   Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.5-b02, mixed mode)

If not, fix this before trying anything else.

Andi..