From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release PyLucene 6.4.1 (rc1)
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2017 12:14:22 GMT
Hi,

I found the reason, it is a Java bug which is fixed in Java9: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-7131356
<https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-7131356>

The workaround was to install Apple’s Java6, then make and make install succeeds.

I then tested python IndexFiles.py <folder> and python SearchFiles.py and it all works
:-)

+1 to release

PS: The page http://lucene.apache.org/pylucene/install.html <http://lucene.apache.org/pylucene/install.html>
is outdated wrt Mac, versions etc and should probably mention the Java6 bug as well

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 13. feb. 2017 kl. 12.12 skrev Jan Høydahl <jan.asf@cominvent.com>:
>
> Here is a GIST with complete install log and Makefile. I did not modify setup.py, it
looked good to go

> https://gist.github.com/janhoy/c996529dc492ec3ad9cb3b81e80719f2#file-pylucene-install-log-txt
<https://gist.github.com/janhoy/c996529dc492ec3ad9cb3b81e80719f2#file-pylucene-install-log-txt>

> In Makefile I customized only these vars
>
>> PREFIX_PYTHON=/usr/local/Cellar/python/2.7.13/
>> ANT=/usr/local/Cellar/ant/1.10.0/bin/ant
>> PYTHON=$(PREFIX_PYTHON)/bin/python
>> JCC=$(PYTHON) -m jcc
>> NUM_FILES=8
>

> JCC finds Java Home, and python version is 2.7.13
> My version of ‘make’ is macOS default gmake 3.81
>
> I also tried with (g)make 4.2.1 but same problem.
>
> --
> Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com <http://www.cominvent.com/>
>
>> 13. feb. 2017 kl. 00.47 skrev Andi Vajda <vajda@apache.org <mailto:vajda@apache.org>>:
>>

>> On Mon, 13 Feb 2017, Jan Høydahl wrote:
>>
>>> Tried to build on my Mac again, same problem as last time when running ?make?,
the command 'python -m jcc.__main__ --shared --arch ?.? requests old Apple-Java 6:

>> When building JCC (before building PyLucene), you need to ensure that the proper
version of Java is found. The setup.py program tries to figure it out for you and tells what
it's about to build with on stdout.

>> Then you need to install JCC.
>>
>> Then, when building PyLucene, you need to make sure that the same python install
you used to build JCC is also going to be used by the PyLucene Makefile, since that's where
the current JCC you just built got installed.