From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JCC on HtmlUnit
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 00:46:41 GMT

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009, Ludovico Cavedon wrote:

> There is a bunch of #define coming from
> /usr/include/python2.6/structmember.h:
>
> 'READONLY', 'T_SHORT', 'T_INT', 'T_LONG', 'T_FLOAT', 'T_DOUBLE',
> 'T_STRING', 'T_OBJECT', 'T_CHAR', 'T_BYTE', 'T_UBYTE', 'T_USHORT',
> 'T_UINT', 'T_ULONG', 'T_STRING_INPLACE', 'T_BOOL', 'T_OBJECT_EX',
> 'T_LONGLONG', 'T_ULONGLONG', 'T_PYSSIZET', 'READONLY', 'RO',
> 'READ_RESTRICTED', 'PY_WRITE_RESTRICTED', 'RESTRICTED'
>
> I think it would useful to add them to the RESERVED list by default.
> I am getting conflicts with READONLY and all T_* at least

There are potentially thousands of things defined in header files included
by a JCC compilation. These are only a problem when someone names a class,
method or field using a similar name. Luckily, naming conventions in Java
land differ from those in C/C++ land so clashes are usually rare. When a
clash occurs, the --reserved command line arg is your friend.

Andi..