From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject RE: make PyLucene failing with QueryParser/Token class not found exception, while the class exists in lucene-core-2.4.1.jar
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 19:45:02 GMT

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009, Edwin.Madari@VerizonWireless.com wrote:

> make now complains analysis/PythonTokenizer not found after commenting line for Token
class in Makefile to build Pylucene on cygwin/windows

Yep, that's what I expected. I bet it can't find any classes.
Something's broken in your build/environment/whatever and you're going to
have to do some deeper debugging or switch to an environment that is
supported.
As I've never built PyLucene/JCC using the Cygwin compiler chain, I'm also
running out of ideas by just looking at your emails.
Is there any reason you cannot use the free-as-in-$$ Microsoft compiler or
the MinGW compiler chain ?

By the way, the paragraph below at the end of every one of your emails is
bogus. There is nothing proprietary or confidential about the email
exchanges on this mailing list.

Yes, I know, it's your employer adding this and you have no control over it
as long as you use your employer's email provider. But it is bogus and
some people in open source communities may find it offensive. It's better
online manners to switch to another email provider that doesn't attach this.

> The information contained in this message and any attachment may be
> proprietary, confidential, and privileged or subject to the work
> product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure.  If the reader
> of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or
> agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
> If you have received this communication in error, please notify me
> immediately by replying to this message and deleting it and all
> copies and backups thereof.  Thank you.

Andi..