From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject Re: initVM() crash and web.py
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 19:36:44 GMT

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009, Neha Gupta wrote:

> The problem am having is that when I send a few requests one after the other
> then the server crashes. I tried to put initVM() right after import lucene
> statement at the top of the program but the crash still happens. I also read
> this post:
> http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/pylucene-dev/2008-April/002634.html.<http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/pylucene-dev/2008-April/002634.html>
> The problem seems familiar to mine, however, am not sure where should I put
> initVM(). Should I also be calling env.attachCurrentThread() somewhere?

initVM() needs to be called once.
attachCurrentThread() must be called once per thread calling into the Java VM.

Here is the relevant documentation:
http://lucene.apache.org/pylucene/jcc/documentation/readme.html#api

You're probably using a old version of PyLucene as the latest are supposed
to no longer be crashing if you forget these calls. What version of PyLucene
are you using ?

Get the latest from here:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/pylucene/

> I am very new to pylucene, any help would be great.

Did you read the docs ?

http://lucene.apache.org/pylucene/documentation/readme.html
http://lucene.apache.org/pylucene/jcc/documentation/readme.html

Andi..