From Edwin.Mad...@VerizonWireless.com
Subject missing build.xml files in PyLucene distributions
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 19:23:51 GMT
sorry Andi,  I do not see any build.xml files in 2.4.1-2 distributions, and only one in 2.4.1-1
distributions. re downloaded 2.4.1-1 & 2.4.1-2 again from different mirrors and inspected.

no build.xml files at all in  2.4.1-2
$ ls -l pylucene-2.4.1-2-src.tar.gz
-rwx------+ 1 madared Administrators 3447811 Jun 12 14:44 pylucene-2.4.1-2-src.tar.gz
$ tar -tvzf pylucene-2.4.1-2-src.tar.gz | grep build.xml  #finds nothing
$ tar -tvzf pylucene-2.4.1-2-src.tar.gz | wc -l
470

while 2.4.1-1  has one build.xml
$ ls -l  pylucene-2.4.1-1-src.tar.gz
-rwx------+ 1 madared Administrators 3444000 Jun 12 14:50 pylucene-2.4.1-1-src.tar.gz
$ tar -tvzf pylucene-2.4.1-1-src.tar.gz | grep build.xml  #finds one build.xml
-rw-r--r-- vajda/admin     729 2009-01-08 22:28 pylucene-2.4.1-1/build.xml
$ tar -tvzf pylucene-2.4.1-1-src.tar.gz | wc -l
470

Name of download in the previous reply was  lucene-2.4.1-src.tar.gz but the download I  get
is pylucene-2.4.1-1-src.tar.gz  (note the additional 1- in the name) is that the problem ?
If so where do I get it.

never could use SVN though firewall  (never worked for me) - oh well! To avoid this, I manually
download what ever is needed.
$ make
svn export -r HEAD http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/tags/lucene_2_4_1 lucene-java-2.4.1
svn: OPTIONS of 'http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/tags/lucene_2_4_1': could not
connect to server (http://svn.apache.org)
make: *** [lucene-java-2.4.1] Error 1
$ type svn
svn is hashed (/usr/bin/svn)
$ svn --version
svn, version 1.6.2 (r37639)
   compiled Jun  4 2009, 08:38:57

Is the issue with posted downloads at mirror sites or am I missing something ?

thanks in advance
Edwin

product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure.  If the reader
copies and backups thereof.  Thank you.