logging-log4php-dev mailing list archives

From Sven Rautenberg <s...@rtbg.de>
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 09:22:12 GMT
-1 to all suggested changes, because there was no reason given why the change would be needed,
and what situation it would improve.

Personally I am happy with the low volume list I am subscribed to, and would expect to get
more mails irrelevant for the language I use.

Am 8. März 2017 05:20:55 MEZ schrieb Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com>:
>I may be missing some mailing lists considering I just subscribed to
>half
>of them less than five minutes ago.
>
>This is a vote to merge the various Apache Logging Services mailing
>lists.
>The proposal is to combine them as follows:
>
>log4j-dev@, log4php-dev@, log4net-dev@, log4cxx-dev@ ->
>dev@logging.apache.org
>log4j-user@, log4php-user@, log4net-user@, log4cxx-user@, general@ ->
>user@logging.apache.org
>
>commits@ and private@ remain the same as before.
>
>The proposal would also suggest that the old emails become aliases for
>the
>combined email names so as not to lose any future emails. To
>distinguish
>between projects, a subject tag can be added such as:
>
>[java]
>[net]
>[cxx]
>[php]
>
>Though I wouldn't think such a tag is required, though it should help
>in
>gaining the attention of the appropriate audience.
>
>Voting:
>
>+1: Yes, combine the mailing lists!
>+0: Go ahead, don't care that much.
>-0: Don't like it, but not vetoing it.
>-1: No, don't do that! I have a better idea!
>
>This vote follows the same "lazy consensus" (at least 3 +1 binding, no
>-1/vetoes) we use for general releases and whatnot. The vote will be
>open
>for at least 72 hours.
>
>--
>Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com>