From Patrick.Grim...@xtl.com
Subject RE: Logging from appender
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 16:20:43 GMT
I'm using a RollingFileAppender in my logging.  It extends FileAppender, which
extends WriterAppender.  The WriterAppender has an "append" method which takes a
LoggingEvent object as a parameter.  Is your appender a subclass of
WriterAppender or some other class that extends WriterAppender?  You could maybe
call the "append" method and send your LoggingEvent?

Again, I'm fairly new to log4j.

             "Bruno Melloni"
             <Bruno.Melloni@wnco
             .com>                                                           To
                                         "Log4J Users List"
             09/11/2008 12:13 PM         <log4j-user@logging.apache.org>
                                                                             cc

              Please respond to                                         Subject
             "Log4J Users List"          RE: Logging from appender
             <log4j-user@logging
                .apache.org>

Sorry, I think I got misunderstood.  I have no problem with
levels/thresholds when logging from the app.

What I want to do is generate an additional log message from INSIDE the
appender code, WHILE it is about to process an application message.

bruno