From Don Taylor <donald_l_taylor...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: What is the difference between a Priority and a Threshold?
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2001 12:28:41 GMT
The threshold on an appender simply states the minimum priority a
message must have in order to be logged. It's useful when you want
different priorities for different appenders. Our application uses a
DailyRollingFileAppender with a threshold set at warn for production,
for debugging I'm using a ConsoleAppender. Since I want debug messages
going to the ConsoleAppender, I have to set the root category's
priority to debug.

-- Don