libcloud-dev mailing list archives

From Mahendra M <mahendr...@gmail.com>
Subject [dev] Re: Libcloud
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 10:58:04 GMT
Hi Matt,

Please see inline.

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 11:41 PM, Matt Lehman <mattlehman84@gmail.com>wrote:

>      Unfortunately we've been a bit side tracked lately on another
> project.

No problems with that.

> I imagine the connection wrapper you're writing for azure service bus can
> be pushed to common and used for compute.

The connection code is already checked in. This was done during the Azure
Blobs implementation (which is already available in libcloud). For SQS, I
have made some changes. You can have a look at the connection wrapper at:

https://github.com/mahendra/libcloud/blob/queues/libcloud/common/azure.py

> We will wait until you merge the service bus and sqs code and then we may
> be able to help with some of the compute stuff. I haven't dug in enough but
> I'm specifically interested to see if azure supports file injection.
> According to open stack it's  supported in hyper-v so there should be a way
> to do it.

I haven't looked into the compute stuff for Azure in detail. So, I wouldn't
know that. Will check and let you know.

>     Do you know if there are any plans on adding general
> base functionality in libcloud for supporting true deployment without ssh?
> Most open stack & eucalyptus providers now support this with user-data or
> server personality. I'm hoping it becomes mainstream. The only current
> issue is rackspace doesn't have cloud-init in their base image. You have to
> create your own image. Hopefully more providers will start supporting this
> metadata service as it makes bootstrapping anything a breeze.

Maybe Tomaz can answer this question more authoritatively :-)

Regards,
Mahendra