labs-labs mailing list archives

From "Hyrum K. Wright" <hyrum_wri...@mail.utexas.edu>
Subject Re: New lab: mouse
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 00:59:35 GMT
On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 12:53 AM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org> wrote:
> On 23/07/2010 01:48, Hyrum K. Wright wrote:
>>
>> I'd like to put Mouse in Apache Labs.  Mouse was discussed on the
>> rat-dev list, but Labs is probably the best place to play with it
>> until it is ready for prime-time.  See the post to rat-dev here:
>>
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-rat-dev/201006.mbox/%3CAANLkTinrqHIQkOnLGCRD2VjfXPsX2g3YiNSvQcd4aMrg@mail.gmail.com%3E
>>
>> (Essentially, Mouse is an implementation of RAT in python, with the
>> hope that it is easier to maintain, and easier to use.)
>
> +1 (if only so I can point to the fact that it started as a result of a
> conversation at TransferSummit)
>
> In all seriousness, I need RAT but RAT has its problems.
>
> I'd be +1 for it in the RAT incubating project too, sorry I missed the
> proposal over there.

Well, feel free to continue the thread over there.  There wasn't a
whole lot of discussion other than the "here it is" "we don't want it"
response.  (And to be honest, I've been busy with other stuff over the
past month, so haven't made too much progress.)

At this point, I'd just like to make sure it's at least in a
(quasi-)public place in the ASF repo.

-Hyrum