kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Navinder Brar <navinder_b...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Role of CompositeReadOnlyKeyValueStore for point queries
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2020 04:50:16 GMT
Hi all,
Can someone explain to me the thoughts behind having CompositeReadOnlyKeyValueStore. java
class while serving data via APIs in Kafka Streams. It fetches the list of stores for all
the running tasks on the machine and then looks for a key one by one in each of the stores.
When we already know the key belongs to a particular partition(with the help of partitioner)
we can just query that particular partition's store right?
I am thinking of overloading the get() function as get(int partition) and sending just the
store for that single partition from QueryableStoreProvider.java so that all the stores are
needed to be iterated through to fetch a key.
Regards,
Navinder