kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Bellemare <adam.bellem...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nag!! KAFKA-8629 - Some feedback wanted
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2019 20:07:11 GMT
Hi Andy

Can you elaborate on two things for clarity’s sake?

1) Are there any alternatives we can use for JMX instead of commenting it out?

2) Are there any other limitations with Graal VM that may impede future development?

The second one is more difficult to answer I suspect because it relies on us adopting GraalVM
support as a requirement for future releases of Kafka Streams. I think we would need a better
idea of the impacts of this and if it should be scoped out beyond Kafka Streams or just limited
as such.

> On Jul 9, 2019, at 7:39 AM, Andy Muir <muirandy@yahoo.co.uk.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I hope you can have a look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-8629 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-8629>
and perhaps give me some feedback? I’d like to decide if this is worth pursuing!

> I believe that making apps built on top of Kafka Streams can benefit hugely from the
use of GraalVM. I’d like to help as much as I can.