kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Armando Garcia Sancio <jsan...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-460: Admin Leader Election RPC
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2019 22:09:57 GMT
Hi all,

During the implementation of KIP-460, we discovered that we had to make
some minor changes to the design. I have updated the KIP wiki[1]. You can
see the difference here[2].

At a high-level we made the following changes:

   1. Added a top level ErrorCode to the response for errors that apply to
   all of the topic partitions. This is currently being used for cluster
   authorization errors.
   2. We renamed the delayedOperation for DelayOperationPurgatory from
   ElectPreferredLeader to ElectLeader.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-460%3A+Admin+Leader+Election+RPC
.