kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Guozhang Wang <wangg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Customizing initial consumer group rebalance delay
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2018 04:52:46 GMT
Hello Boyang,

Your observation is valid, in fact after KIP-134 is merged there are some
discussions about on the voting thread as well, that whether we should
better make it a client config than a global broker-level config.

There are some general ideas grooming to further improve consumer rebalance
protocols, including this, and motivations of KAFKA-7126 / KAFKA-7018 /  as
well. Please stay tuned.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang