kafka-dev mailing list archives

From dan bress <danbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Streams - retry configuration publishing changelog updates?
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2018 01:27:11 GMT
I'm seeing this timeout in my Kafka Streams application logs:

Caused by: org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Expiring 7
record(s) for my-table-changelog-18: 30011 ms has passed since last append

What kind of retries to I get by default publishing to changelogs?  I have
these producer configs set:

2018-01-23 21:14:31,197 INF [main] ProducerConfig ProducerConfig values:
acks = all
retries = 30
retry.backoff.ms = 1000
request.timeout.ms = 30000

Does this mean I am getting 30 retries when trying to publish to
changelogs?  Or do I need to set another config(StreamsConfig) to get more
retries for changelog publishing?

Thanks!
Dan