kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] URIs on Producer and Consumer
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2017 12:56:16 GMT
Maybe I didn't make the message clear enough...

Would using an URI to the constructor (in addition to the properties)
help the API, or anyone see a reason to not do it?

KafkaConsumer consumer = new
KafkaConsumer<>("tcp://localhost:9999?receive.buffer.bytes=-2", new
ByteArrayDeserializer(), new ByteArrayDeserializer());

I could send a Pull Request for that. The framework I would write
would validate if the parameters are valid or not.

Thanks in advance

--
Clebert Suconic