kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Gwen Shapira <g...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: kafka connect questions
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2017 03:45:21 GMT
I don't remember seeing one. There is no reason not to write one (let us
know if you do, so we can put it on the connector hub!).

Few things:
1. Connectors that listen on sockets typically run in stand-alone mode, so
they can tied to a specific machine (in distributed mode, connectors can
move around).
2. Why do you need a connector? Why not just use Kafka producer to send
protobuf directly to Kafka?

Gwen