kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Dhwani Katagade <dhwani_katag...@persistent.co.in>
Subject Re: Some questions about providing corrections to documentation.
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2017 05:45:04 GMT
Happy New Year Team :-),

Could you please look at https://github.com/apache/kafka-site/pull/38
and let me know if this looks good. This is my first PR and I am just
checking to see if I got the process right.

thanks
-dhwani

>>> https://github.com/apache/kafka-site/blob/asf-site/082/design.html
>>> https://github.com/apache/kafka-site/blob/asf-site/090/design.html
>>> https://github.com/apache/kafka-site/blob/asf-site/0100/design.html

>>> https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/0.10.0/docs/design.html
>>> https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/0.10.1/docs/design.html
>>>
>>> But the same is corrected under trunk here
>>> https://github.com/apache/kafk
>>> a/blob/trunk/docs/design.html
>>>
>>> _Questions:_
>>>
>>> 1. If I have to provide a patch/PR to cleanup this documentation error,
>>>     should I provide the fix in files corresponding to all the versions
>>>     under kafka-site?
>>> 2. When the next release happens, as I understand, a new directory will
>>>     be added under kafka-site:asf-site. Since this would come from
>>>     kafka:trunk it will have the correction. Is my understanding
>>> correct?
>>> 3. As I understand, older branches under kafka repo are release
>>>     branches, and hence we should not make any new changes under the
>>>     docs directory on these branches. Is my understanding correct?
>>> 4. As I understand, this fix does not require a JIRA issue to be
>>>     logged. Is my understanding correct?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for the clarifications.
>>>
>>> -dhwani
>>>

>>> DISCLAIMER
>>> ==========
>>> This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information
>>> which is
>>> the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the
>>> use of
>>> the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
>>> intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy,
>>> print,
>>> distribute or use this message. If you have received this
>>> communication in
>>> error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message.
>>> Persistent Systems Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus
>>> infected
>>> mails.
>>>

> DISCLAIMER
> ==========
> This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which
> is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the
> use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are
> not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain,
> communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies
> of this message. Persistent Systems Ltd. does not accept any liability
> for virus infected mails.

DISCLAIMER
any liability for virus infected mails.