kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Bruce <mbr...@blackberry.com>
Subject ZkSecurityMigrator incorrectly applies ACLs to entire ZooKeeper tree?
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2016 21:09:25 GMT
Hi,

I'm running through some 0.8.2 to 0.9.0 upgrade testing that involves moving to a secured
cluster - While running the zookeeper-security-migration.sh script, I noticed that it modifies
ACLs for non-Kafka specific znodes/trees also.

Looking at the code it seems like the intention is to only set the ACLs on specific branches,
but then it recursively applies them to all of '/' anyway:

private def run(): Unit = {
     try {
           for (path <- zkUtils.securePersistentZkPaths) {
                debug("Going to set ACL for %s".format(path))
                zkUtils.makeSurePersistentPathExists(path)
           }
     setAclsRecursively("/")
     .
     .
     .

Am I missing something here, or should the setAclsRecursively call be moved into the loop
and be called against each specific path?

Thanks,
Matthew Bruce
mbruce@blackbery.com