kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Lavintman <alan.lavint...@gmail.com>
Subject Support for topics+streams at class WildcardStreamsHandler
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2014 14:03:10 GMT
Hi guys, i have seen that if create a message stream by using:

createMessageStreams

I can define a map with Topic->#Streams

Is there a reason why createMessageStreamsByFilter us not giving the same
support? I have only a TopicFilter and numStreams interface such as:

public List<KafkaStream<byte[], byte[]>>
createMessageStreamsByFilter(TopicFilter topicFilter, int numStreams);

But it does not allow me to specify the parallelism per topic. Am I missing
something or my assumption is correct?

Bests and thanks,
Alan.