kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Colin Blower <cblo...@barracuda.com>
Subject Re: Initializing fetch offsets
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 16:53:39 GMT
In the old protocol description the -1 and -2 values are explicitly
mentioned.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Wire+Format

It looks like it had been left out of the new 0.8 docs, however I just
added it.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/A+Guide+To+The+Kafka+Protocol#AGuideToTheKafkaProtocol-OffsetAPI

Hopefully the docs are more helpful now. Feel free to ask for further
clarifications.

--
*Colin Blower*
/Software Engineer/