kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Jay Kreps <jay.kr...@gmail.com>
Subject git workflow
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 21:45:03 GMT
I don't know about other people but I find git kind of confusing. I thought
it would be useful to try to document the normal workflow for different use
cases:
1. Contributing a patch
2. Reviewing and integrating a patch that is contributed
3. Doing development as a committer
4. Keeping a copy of your local work on github (since it doesn't seem
Apache has a place to keep local backups of work in progress).

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Git+Workflow

I would like to link this up from the contributor page to help people
(including my future self). Objections?

I am not a git expert, so any feedback to improve these recipes or bug
fixes (since I haven't tried everything) would be very much appreciated. If
you are about to do one of the above things, try the recipe and see if it
can be improved.

Cheers,

-Jay