kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Jay Kreps <jay.kr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About Kafka 0.8 producer
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2013 16:08:41 GMT
In other words 0.8 gives you the richer functionality of the zk producer
without requiring a zk connection. As with zk, you need to give it one or
more urls to bootstrap a connection, but these urls don't need to be the
complete set of brokers (just choose a couple in case one is down or set up
a vip or dns or something).

-Jay