kafka-dev mailing list archives

From Jun Rao <jun...@gmail.com>
Subject kafka replication status
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2012 04:16:45 GMT
Hi,

As of this week, we closed 2 big jiras: kafka-46 (commit thread) and
kafka-348 (merge from trunk). Basic replication (without failure) is
working now.

We have people signed up on the following jiras:

KAFKA-336: Admin RPC between controller and broker
KAFKA-335: Embedded controller
KAFKA-329: Create topic support (revisit based on v3 design)

Those jiras are blocking a bunch of other jiras and we'd like to close them
in a week or so.

In the meantime, the following jiras can still be worked on more or
less independently and we welcome  contribution from the community.
KAFKA-288: rework java producer API
KAFKA-289: reuse TopicData when sending produce request
KAFKA-354: refactor setter/getter in scala style
KAFKA-356: create a generic thread class

Thanks,

Jun