kafka-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: committer and pmc requirements
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 16:03:36 GMT
My personal thoughts on emeritus:

Why emeritus?  I think that it's important for people who are evaluating the community to
have an accurate sense of about how active the community is in terms of committers and PMC
members.  With that in mind I think that the emeritus status/process should be a pain free,
non-punative, process where by emeritus members can be instantly reactivated at solely their
own request, i.e. there is no evaluation or vote to reactivate them.

Regards,
Alan